Dear Marriage Heat Friends,
Last month, when LP was active, several of us believed deeply that the mission that was being accomplished there was an important part of the “hot monogamy” movement. We felt that the interactive community it contained promoted a sex-positive culture and in just the short time, led to several important friendships that have already served to help promote intimacy in marriage – both on the micro level (couples benefiting) as well as on the macro level (hot monogamy in general).
Unfortunately, there were trolls whose presence caused some concern and it was not a safe, warm, welcoming environment. It became hard to police and the decision was ultimately to remove the site.
However, in the aftermath of that closure, three of us created a similar platform entitled Marriage & Sex Positive: The Community (tied to our blog, http://marriageandsexpositive.wordpress.com) that would seek to continue the wonderful mission LP created, but do so in a way with clear rules and expectations for behavior.
In the three weeks since we launched, we are so pleased to report that our membership has grown to around 35, including several of our dear friends from here at MarriageHeat. So far, we have had no trouble with trolls and we are completely committed to keeping it that way. Our expectations have been clear, both for conduct as well as participation.
Most importantly, we are working each day to develop our community into an amazing place for men and women of the Christian faith to develop friendships, discuss relevant issues, pray together, celebrate each other’s successes, comfort one another, be open and honest, and promote hot monogamy.
Here is some of what you’ll encounter at M&S+: The Community:
- A multi-user administrative team, to help both build the site, watch for trolls, as well as keep our radar up for developing issues.
- You will be welcomed with open arms, and encouraged in your faith walk as well as your sex-positive mindset!
- A Prayer Room which is a place to offer prayer requests and pray for others who are part of our tight-knit community.
- “The Bridal Club”, a women’s-only group for both married and single women to interact candidly and safely about sexual issues.
- A Storytellers group, to test out MH-like stories!
- Community Expectations that everyone is expected to follow
- Tips for Communicating with M&S+ Members – basically, how to be a productive member and not come across as a troll!
- Bold, but appropriate, relevant discussions on issues involving sexuality in marriage.
- Compelling Questions and Topics!
- Interesting and Fun Polls!
- A Singles Group that we hope to develop!
At our blog, we also aim to be a central resource for you to find relevant information elsewhere in the Christian Hot Monogamy universe. We will promote books, blogs, websites, safe stores, as well as resources for singles, divorcees, addicts, and other important issues facing us all. We also want our community to be welcoming for all those in the sex-positive community, both here at MH and elsewhere.
Over time, we plan on more. We want to be a great place for women to join, for singles to feel safe, for divorcees to feel embraced, for everyone to feel a part of this important mission and movement.
Still unsure and want to get a feel about what we’re all about? Read this post on our blog entitled “Six Reasons You Should Join M&S+: The Community.” It should give you a feel for the type of community we hope to build and the warm and welcoming atmosphere we hope to create!
If you are now convinced, it is important you understand the expectations we have at M&S+: The Community. If you’re not prepared to meet these, we ask you NOT to join. Here we go:
- You are encouraged to remain Anonymous. While this is optional and you may use your real name, we strongly encourage you to create a profile using a screenname or pseudonym for your own safety. We understand prominent bloggers and others may choose otherwise, and that’s fine – just please use any “real” part of your name at your own discretion.
- No Trolls. It will be a troll-free environment, which means all rude, crude, or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated and be immediately dealt with via the banning of users and the removal of accounts. No harassing of members. Please be considerate when initiating a conversation.
- You be 18 or over. Period.
- No Ghosts. Identify yourself as a male or female, and create a brief biography so we can get to know you. Those caught lying about their gender will be removed immediately. Any accounts without a biography and who refuse to identify as M or F will be removed immediately.
- Say something. We discourage lurking, so we ask that you jump in and participate in any discussion.
- Be Positive! This is a supportive, encouraging, community and while discussion is encouraged, negativity is not welcome. You can’t be sex-positive without being positive!
So, do you still have questions? That’s okay! We encourage you to ask questions below in this thread, or simply join and ask the admin team.
So, how do I join?
That’s easy! Use this link and use the e-mail option to join. Again, we recommend you use a name that does not reveal our identity, unless you feel 100% confident in doing so. When you join, we encourage you to immediately fill out your biography, identify yourself as male or female, as that will be required. You are encouraged to eventually to create a custom profile image rather than the color assigned to you by the Mighty Bell platform. Be creative and feel free to use other members profile images as ideas for how to create yours. And, then, jump in! Introduce yourself and be part of our wonderful M&S+ Community!
In closing, we appreciate the MH administrators (one of whom has joined us!) for allowing us to post here, and we appreciate all of you for being part of the hot monogamy movement.
Marriage & Sex Positive Hosts & Admin Team
Marriage Heat Note: MH is thrilled to endorse this Marriage and Sex positive!