1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS. Welcome to marriageheat.com, We provide to you the services on this website (“Services”) subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Service (“TCOS”), which we may update from time to time without notice to you.
By accessing and using the Services at marriageheat.com, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of the TCOS. In addition, when using particular services provided by us, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted and modified from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TCOS.
2. Description of Marriageheat.com Services. Marriageheat.com is Marriage enrichment site, which will features resources from various sources, including the experience of participants and leaders of the site. We have a statement of faith. This statement of the faith guides the “theological soul” of marriageheat.com. We reserve the right to be the sole interpreter of this statement should the need arise.
We provide you with access to a rich collection of resources, including without limitation various communications and ministry tools, forums, personalized content and branded programming which may be accessed through any various medium or device now known or hereafter developed. You also understand and agree that the content at marriageheat.com may include certain communications from marriageheat.com, such as service announcements, administrative messages, etc., and that these communications are considered part of participating as a member of marriageheat.com.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Services, including the release of new programs and applications, shall be subject to the TCOS. You understand and agree that our Services are provided “AS-IS” and that we assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization writings or settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the marriageheat.com Services, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access our Services.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of our Services, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
3. Registration and User Obligations. In consideration of your use of our Services, you be at least 18 years of age. We reserve the right to not publish your submissions simply based on your selection of user name, if we feel that name is not appropriate for our audience. Names that look too much like names used at pornography sites are certainly suspect. When submitting a story the user is obligated to upload the story as grammatically correct as possible. We have the right to determine whether the content is suitable. If we reject a users story, we will move it to the trash. We also reject stories if they do not fit that spirit and the letter of our submission guidelines. Sorry, decisions are final.
5. Member Account and Password. You select a User Name and Password upon completing our registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. You agree to exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
6. Member Conduct. Marriageheat.com.com users share in our goal of providing a forum that is wholesome and supportive for Christian marriage with a Christian world life and worldview. We respect all humans as image bearers of God. We reserve the right to refuse, reject, or remove Content (as defined below) that we deem to be inconsistent with this goal and that, in our sole discretion, is objectionable, and/or does not comply with the TCOS and, specifically, the following member conduct rules and guidelines:
You understand that all contents whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originates. This means that you are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, or otherwise transmit or make available via marriageheat.com. As such, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via marriageheat.com. If we edit content it will be for the benefit of our users so as to make content consistent with our guidelines or TOC. In most cases we will not put must time into the editing process.
Be truthful about yourself
a. Do not provide false personal information on, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission. Your login does not have to be your personal name so as to protect your privacy.
b. Do not use your involvement at marriageheat.com for seeking solicitations of any kind from other members. This is about supporting encouraging practices of marriage romance and marriage heat.
c. When submitting stories, creative freedom is ok, but try to keep within the bounds of truthful experience.
Be truthful to your neighbor
a. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
b. No posting of spam or other unauthorized commercial communications.
c. No collecting users’ content or information using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
d. Marriage Heat purposes do not include network marketing businesses. Do not post or upload Content that consists of unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of unauthorised solicitation.
e. No uploading malicious code or viruses.
f. No sharing login data belonging to someone else.
g. No gossiping about or harassing your neighbour.
h. No uploading or posting of pornographic or violent images.
i. No unlawful, misleading or discriminatory statements.
j. No uploading or posting of Content that will intentionally harmful.
k. No posting or uploading of Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
m. Do not post, upload, or make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
n. Do not post, upload, or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of another person or entity.
o. Do not post, upload, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
p. Do not post, upload, or otherwise make available, intentionally or unintentionally, any Content that by so doing will violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, and any other regulations having the force of law.
q. You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on marriageheat.com.
7. Removal of Content. At our discretion, we have the right to remove any Content that we believe violates the TCOS. If we remove your content for violating someone’s intellectual property rights and you believe that our decision is in error, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal our decision.
8. Mobile. Any mobile services we provide if any are free. However, your carrier’s rates still apply for texting, web access, etc. In the event that you change your mobile telephone number, you agree to update your account information within 72 hours.
9. Modifications to Services. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services (or any part thereof).
10. Termination of Account. You may terminate your marriageheat.com account at any time and for any reason. You agree that we may, without prior notice, immediately terminate, limit your access to or suspend your account and access to the Services. Cause for such termination, limitation of access or suspension shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of the TCOS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) discontinuance or material modification to the Services (or any part thereof), (d) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (e) extended periods of inactivity, (f) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or (g) nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Services. Further, you agree that all terminations, limitations of access and suspensions for cause shall be made in our sole discretion and that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account or access to the Services.
Termination of your account includes any or all of the following: (a) removal of access to all or part of the offerings within the Services, (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring of further use of all or part of the services.
11. Our Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Services and any necessary software used in connection with the Services (“Software”) contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in advertisements or information presented to you through the Services or by advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly permitted by applicable law or as authorized by us or the applicable licensor (such as an advertiser), you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, publicly perform or create derivative works based on our Services, such Content or the Software, in whole or in part. We grant you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of the Software; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree to not modify the Software in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Services.
12. Amendments. We reserve the right to amend the TCOS at any time and without notice for legal or administrative reasons.
13. Disputes. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (“claim”) you have with us arising out of or relating to this TCOS or arising out of any other matter exclusively through the Institute for Christian Conciliation in Billings, Montana. The laws of the State of Michigan will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit all claims first to non-binding mediation and then to binding arbitration, if necessary. Mediators and arbitrators will be selected according to the most current edition of the Rules of Procedure for Christian Conciliation. A copy of the Rules of Procedure for Christian Conciliation is available at http://www.peacemaker.net.
17. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify us, our subsidiaries, affiliated partners, directors, officers, agents, employees, and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit, modify or otherwise make available through the Services, your use of the Services, your violation of the TCOS, or your violation of the rights of another.
We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please CONTACT US. PLEASE INCLUDE:
a. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
b. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
c. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
d.. a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
f. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorised to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
g. Writings that are submitted become copy-written by marriageheat.com. We will never disclose the identities of those submitting writings. Marriageheat.com reserves the rights to publish any submitted articles that have not been previously commercially published. If articles published by Marriageheat.com appear on another website, this copying is against our will. We do not give our content to another website. If you own a website and you want to copy our material, that is against the law. Please do not do this!
Our Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
23. Terms Applicable to Users Outside the United States. We are committed to providing a wholesome online community supporting marriage. We also strive to respect local laws. If you are a user outside of the United States, the following terms apply to you:
If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on marriageheat.com (such as advertising, payments or solicitations of donations) or operate an application or website.
a. “Services” means the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at marriageheat.com and any other branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) other media, software, devices, or networks now existing or later developed; and (c) our Platform.
b. “Us,” “we” and “our” means marriagerheat.com.
c. “Platform” means a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from marriageheat.com or provide data to us.
d. “Content” means facts and other information about you, including actions you take and anything you post on marriageheat.com or life positive.
e. “Data” means content and information that third parties can retrieve from marriageheat.com or provide to marriageheat.com through Platform.
f. “Post” means post on marriageheat.com or otherwise make available to us (such as by using an application).
g. “Use” means use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
h. “Application” means any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives data from us.
25. General Provisions.
a. Entire Agreement. The TCOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and us and governs your use of the Services, superseding any prior version of this TCOS between you and us with respect to the Services. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other services, affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software.
b. Waiver and Severability of Terms. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TCOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TCOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TCOS remain in full force and effect.
c. No Right of Survivorship and Non-Transferability. You agree that your account is non-transferable and any rights to the Content within your account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, your account may be terminated and all Content therein permanently deleted.
d. Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or the TCOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
e. The section titles in the TCOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
26. Violations. Please report any violations of the TCOS to email@example.com